How to make your own tuck shop style sweet suitcase
This week we have created a tutorial on how to put together this sweet ‘sweet suitcase’ for your wedding reception. We have included instructions on how to make the easiest bunting in the world EVER.
What you will need:
- Suitcase – we have a selection here, or you could use a lovely vintage find.
- Fabric – charm squares work perfectly
- Bias binding
- Needle and thread or a sewing machine
- ‘sweets’ lettering either in cotton, felt, iron on letters, or iron on vinyl.
- A selection of dishes and jars
- Sweet bags, labels and tongs
How to put it all together:
- Cut out 6 x squares of your chosen fabric ( approximately 15cm x 15cm)
- Fold each square corner to corner to create a triangle. Machine or hand stitch along one length. Trim corners and excess. Repeat for all six squares. Turn inside out and trim across the top to create a triangular bunting pendant. See images.
- Measure the width of the suitcase and cut a length of bias binding 15-20 cm longer than the width of the suitcase. Fold the bias binding in half and iron a crease along it’s length.
- Place or pin each bunting pendant in the fold of the bias binding and sew into position. See images.
- Cut out and glue or iron on ‘sweets’ lettering across the pendants.
- Attach the finished bunting to the suitcase.
- Place a range of dishes, jar and stands in the suitcase.
- Add the sweet bags, labels and tongs.
- Add your favourite sweets and there you go, your very own handmade sweet suitcase.
We would love to see your creations, email us with your finished cases or tweet us @lilweddingideas